On behalf of the physicians and entire staff of the Carrell Clinic™, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you.
We offer a broad range of comprehensive orthopaedic care. Each physician is skilled in one or more special interest areas, such as pediatric orthopaedics, sports injuries, arthroscopy, as well as disorders of individual regions such as the spine, shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, foot and ankle. All of our physicians are fully trained in general orthopaedics and are board certified.
This special blend of sub-specialties provide patients with immediate access to services with experts in the major areas of orthopaedic care.
Dedicated to Continuing a Heritage of Orthopaedic Excellence
The Carrell Clinic™ enjoys a tradition of excellence in patient care in orthopaedics. The reputation was established by Dr. W.B. Carrell and the physicians who worked with him. They were keenly aware that maintaining excellence required keeping up-to-date with advancements in both technology and skill. That commitment, established early in our history, continues to be our philosophy.
William Beall Carrell, MD and Percy M. Girard, MD established the Carrell-Girard Clinic in Dallas in the early 1920’s. In addition to general orthopaedics, Dr. Carrell developed a deep concern for children with orthopaedic deformities. He quickly became the driving force behind a campaign for a crippled children’s hospital in Dallas. His dream was realized in 1922 when the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Crippled Children (now known as Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children) was built adjacent to the original Clinic on Maple Avenue.
After World War II, the Clinic became the W.B. Carrell Clinic™. Dr. Carrell continued his practice until his death in 1944. The Clinic remained at the Maple Avenue location until 1963 when a new building was built at 2828 Lemmon Avenue. The new Clinic was renamed the W.B. Carrell Memorial Clinic, in honor of Dr. Carrell. Today, many people refer to the Clinic as “The Carrell Clinic™ ”.
As the years passed, the Clinic continued to expand its services. Physicians with various areas of orthopaedic expertise were added to the staff. In 1985 a new site was built at 2909 Lemmon Avenue. In October of 2005 the Carrell Clinic™ moved to a new building at 9301 North Central Expressway. The new location houses not only our clinical and administrative operations, but also a state-of-the-art surgical hospital, imaging center, pain management center, pharmacy and fully staffed physical therapy. In addition, we have included a wide array of expert consultants needed in the care of musculoskeletal problems.
Today, the Clinic is well respected throughout the southwest, and the nation, for these standards. We are indebted to Dr. Carrell – and the physicians who came after him – for the groundwork they laid, and we are dedicated to continuing this tradition.
For more information please visit www.carrellclinic.com